COVID Procedures and Policy
Demica is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all its employees, and visitors (though for now, we will not be receiving visitors). The Company aims to ensure that everyone in the office has a safe and comfortable environment in which to work.
Every employee shall take reasonable care of their own health and safety and for that of other people. All employees and co-workers are expected to co-operate with the organisation’s health and safety policy and procedures.
Demica is committed to developing a culture that supports the management of Health, Safety and Wellbeing at all levels and shall ensure the necessary financial and physical resources, the competency of its employees, business and co-workers and the provision of any necessary expert advice to support the health and safety system.
This policy is aimed at sharing our procedures and policy in relation to the Coronavirus including:
- 1.The results of our COVID risk assessment
- 2.What actions we have taken and are continuing to take
- 3.Employee responsibilities
- 4.Contractor and visitor responsibilities
This policy should be read prior to returning to the office by all employees so that everyone can return to a safe environment that is as risk-free as possible. In addition to our policies and procedures, there are building-specific procedures that all staff must adhere to when entering and exiting the premises.
COVID Risk Assessment
A risk assessment has been carried out in relation to the work-activities at Demica, our premises and how we will mitigate the risks to prevent transmission of the virus. This risk assessment will be reviewed frequently and updated where required. We are committed to monitoring the advice from Public Health England and the WHO in relation to COVID-19, the symptoms and guidance to ensure we keep all staff and visitors to our premises safe.
If you have questions relating to the risk assessment, you can contact the Office Manager.
Actions we have taken
- 1.Introduced access to anti-bacterial wipes and hand gel for high touch point areas and equipment and adding touchpoint tape
- 2.Implemented a one-way system in and out the office and kitchen where deemed necessary
- 3.Limited desk and meeting room capacities to allow for 2m (6 ft) social distancing and remediation equipment available if 2m distancing not achievable
- 4.Enforced a clear-desk policy to ensure desks can be properly cleaned each day before next use
- 5.Return to the office is on a voluntary basis and staff are still encouraged staff to work from home/flexible working
- 6.Limited access to rooms such as our kitchenette, break-out, stationery and print areas
- 7.Provided gloves and masks for use if preferred but are optional unless required
- 8.Implemented a quarterly electrostatic viricidal treatment and monthly swab testing whilst continuing with the normal cleaning, with some areas getting greater attention such as high touch point areas and desks
- 9.Provided all staff with lockers or bags for their belongings to be kept in and secured
- 10.Request contractor COVID policy/risk assessments before attendance to ensure any contractors working in our space do so safely
It is the responsibility of all employees to ensure they adhere to Health and Safety at Work regulations, including Coronavirus procedures. All employees must ensure they:
- 1.Do not attend work if they feel unwell and are showing any of the symptoms which can be found here on the NHS website
- 2.Follow government advice in relation to self-isolation and do not return to work until you have completed this period of isolation and / or have been signed off by a medical professional
- 3.Make us aware if they are high-risk or in a household with any individuals who are high-risk and have been instructed to shield
- 4.When entering the building and the office, adhere to the procedures set out.
a. Using antibacterial hand sanitiser when you enter the main entrance and / or the Demica office
b. Enter the building by the main entrance only, and exit following the directional signage out of the main entrance
c. Use any applicable one-way system at all times, where this is not possible, use the “passing places” and use face coverings if you are in <2m distance
d. Maintain 2m social distance wherever possible and take reasonable steps to prevent transmission where it is not possible, e.g. wearing a face covering, facing opposite ways etc
e. Frequently wash / sanitise your hands
f. Avoid touching your face
g. If you cough or sneeze, do so in the crook of your arm or into a tissue – dispose of it immediately and wash your hands
h. Adhere to the meeting room and break-out/kitchen capacities
i. Try to keep meetings in confined spaces to less than 15 minutes, where this is not possible, we encourage the use of face masks
j. Wipe down surfaces, equipment, and other common touch points before and / or after use wherever possible e.g. coffee machine, water tap, toaster etc
k. Maintain a clear desk at the end of each working day – any items not removed will be placed in a box for collection at a later date
5. Evacuate the building quickly and safely should an emergency evacuation be required. All directional/one-way signage can be disregarded in these circumstances, employees must ensure they evacuate the building via their nearest and safest exit.
Visitor & Contractor Responsibilities
We have a responsibility to ensure that anyone entering our premises are kept safe, and this is particularly important where Coronavirus is concerned to ensure that our employees are kept safe too. Therefore we are not currently accepting any visitors and this policy will be updated when this situation is reviewed.
All contractor works will be completed out of hours when possible and PPE worn if not. All contractors will be required to provide their RAMS and COVID risk assessment before being permitted on site with site amendments made when necessary.
Demica Action Policy
Maintain Social Distance
Stay at home if you feel unwell
Frequently wash or sanitise your hands
Adhere to room capacities
Cover your mouth if you sneeze or cough
Frequently wipe down equipment
Keep a clear desk
Wear a mask if < 2m