We strive to create the best possible working environment
Our values serve our mission of becoming the go-to provider of working capital solutions and transform the way working capital is financed.
With expertise and technological advantage, we simplify the route to business success. Whether organisational or personal growth, we drive change faster.
Ideas are encouraged. Hard work is supported and nurtured in equal measure. By empowering our people, we believe they will make the difference for our clients, the wider team and their careers.
We are invested, focused and relentless in our quest for greater business results. When the going gets tough, we push through until there is nothing else to be done.
We say it as it is and act in the best interest for our partners. We take responsibility for the difficult decisions and provide the right advice even if our clients don’t want to hear it, always with their success at heart.
Life working at Demica
Get real insight to the people who work at Demica and what drives them
Sandra Esteves, Senior Project Manager
“People are the best part of my job, engaging, working together, finding solutions and being supportive.”
Georgios Gazetas, Associate
“ Demica has a good vibe, working with interesting and intellectual people from different backgrounds.”
Senior Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
London, United Kingdom
We are at an exciting juncture within the organisation and this is an excellent time to join to help define and implement the future tech for Demica. All infrastructure will be focused around Azure cloud compute and fully automated infrastructure as code and automated deployment pipelines. Demica has an open and collaborative culture which is embraced at all levels, you will be surrounded by talented and helpful individuals that make up the Demica family. We would love to hear from experienced DevOps automation engineers with a breadth of experience across infrastructure and or development.
We are looking for an experienced proactive DevOps engineer with a bias towards infrastructure automation especially using Kubernetes and containerisation, you will be passionate about continual improvement, innovating, automation and driving efficiency in everything we do. Always looking to improve our technology and processes, not scared to challenge the status quo. You will help define, implement support and maintain our rapidly changing tech, infrastructure and automation pipeline.
You will be –
- Building and maintaining tools to automate application and infrastructure deployment, and to monitor operations
- Coordinating with other members of the DevOps team, Development, Test, and other teams to enhance and optimize existing processes
- Have the ability to design and implement transformation from an as is state, to the future
- Help maintain and support current and future Azure-based cloud platforms and infrastructure
- Providing guidance & support to the Dev and QA teams as needed
- Experience in development, operations including deployment automation, automation scripting, configuration management & standardization
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enable the production systems to be monitored 24/7 using applications such as DataDog AppDynamics, Splunk
- You will be very hands-on technically and love getting your hands dirty in the detail
- You have a “can do” attitude and love to experiment, tinker and play around with new tech
- You will be a key in a small team that will initially help build an automated container infrastructure pipeline with a view to running Infrastructure as code and immutable infrastructure.
- 2 + years of experience in a DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering or related role
- 3 + years of experience in supporting web-based customer-facing infrastructure and applications
- Well versed with Kubernetes and Docker, container automation experience, deploying Kubernetes clusters in the cloud preferably Azure
- Experienced managing environments in Azure & or AWS from Dev to Production
- Hands-on experience with CI\CD tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, GitLab, Bamboo, Team City
- Hands-on experience with Provisioning languages such as PowerShell, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Bash etc…
- Proven track record of deploying/running/troubleshooting Docker containers in a production environment
- Good understanding and or experience of programming languages such as Java
- Encourage and promote a culture of collaboration between teams
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure services
- Knowledge of both Wintel and Linux based platforms
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools
- Java Applications configuration and Sybase services
- Working with and have an understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Log Aggregation Tools: e.g. Splunk, LogRhythm, ELK and OMS
- Working knowledge of WAFs, CDNs, Networking
- Critical thinker
- Do what you say you will do
- Data & metrics driven
Operations and Applications Support Analyst
London, United Kingdom
Demica’s Support team is responsible for monitoring the operation of the system, providing support to our customers, performing configuration changes, and working with other teams within the organisation to roll out the platform to new customers.
In this role, you will provide 1st and 2nd line support to Demica’s global network of customers. This will include:
- Triaging incoming tickets, performing analysis, and resolving customer issues
- Analysing customer data and providing customers with audit information or breakdowns of headline figures
- Actively monitoring system health using a variety of tools including dedicated infrastructure and application monitoring suites, SQL, and ActiveBatch
- Implementing ad-hoc configuration changes using Demica’s proprietary tools
- Collaborating closely with the Development, Infrastructure, and Implementation teams to bring new customers onto the platform
- A good degree in a STEM discipline or 2 years’ experience in a 1st or 2nd line application support role in a customer-facing environment
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You are comfortable analysing, transforming, and generally working with large datasets
- You have a passion for helping others and thrive on solving problems
- You are great at communicating technical concepts to customers and colleagues both verbally and in writing
- You are logical and insightful when troubleshooting problems
- You flourish in a dynamic high-pressure environment, and can prioritise incoming and existing tasks according to urgency and impact
- You have experience using SQL
- You have worked with XML
- You are familiar with Java, and are keen to delve deeper
- You understand computer logic and/or programming concepts
- ITIL v3/2011 Foundation certified
- Previous experience of Atlassian JIRA/JIRA Service Desk
- Knowledge of SWIFT messaging (e.g. ISO20022, ISO15022)
- Experience working in a controlled environment, such as Financial Services
- Written and spoken fluency in another language (in particular Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, Russian)
- A problem solver
If you don’t see the role you’re looking for, we’d still love to hear from youEmail our careers team