Technical Implementation Manager
Location - London, United Kingdom
The Technical Implementation Manager is responsible for the accurate delivery of client implementations, being an SME in your field. This role has direct line management responsibility managing Technical Implementation Consultants. As Technical Implementation Manager you will be the principal contact for technical elements of client implementation projects across our different products. You will possess personal gravitas with the credibility and knowledge enabling high quality exchange with internal & external stakeholders. As Technical Implementation Manager, using your expert product knowledge, you will take responsibility for client queries. A solution provider, you will provide guidance on implementing and integrating the solution both internally and externally; and, take responsibility for the delivery of the technical elements of each implementation. Your reporting line will be to the Head of Implementation, working closely with Implementation Managers and their associated teams. You will forge strong, collaborative relationships with all teams including Origination, Commercial Leads, Developers and Structurers.
- Represent Demica’s Implementation team to prospective clients – give them comfort in Demica’s ability to deliver working capital solutions
- Line management of 3+ Technical Implementation Consultants and Developers – objective setting, personnel development, appraisals, training, resource management
- Keep close to every TRF or SCF Implementation to give guidance or handle escalations related to the technical elements of each project, if required
- Extrapolate key learnings from one project and apply across all projects to drive best practice and knowledge transfer
- Ensure adherence to, as well as drive, technical best practice and standards
- Provide input into platform changes; foster close working relationship with respective Technology Platform Owner & Client Support Teams
- Understand business objectives in order to manage scope creep through the project
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicting technical (incl. non-functional) requirements, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Engage directly with Clients to define technical and business implementation requirements and translate them into technical specifications or implementation tasks
- Undertake elements of the technical configuration of the product to support the agreed business requirements
- Design and build solutions related to reporting and interfaces using technologies such as ETL (i.e. Talend, Apache Camel), Jasper Reports, among others
- Support the planning and execution of System & Integration Testing. Triage of issues raised.
- Support handover to Service Desk and deliver any relevant technical platform training to the client to facilitate Go-Live
- Support a transaction during Warranty and triage any issues that might arise
- Significant proven track record in a role which includes client support, application configuration, client engagement, product owner; working mainly in Java technologies with knowledge of relational database concept.
- Experience of leading a team of technical staff (e.g. developers, technical implementation consultants)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, especially Azure, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of: SQL, REST API, Camel, Crystal / Jasper reports, Test Driven Development, Git, Tomcat, Maven, Message driven interfaces (batch processing, file transfer by SFTP, ActiveMQ, among others)
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle under Agile methodologies, capable to take lead on software development and implementation best practices (Unit Testing, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Source Control policies, among others), work closely with QA team to define test book, knowledge of IT architecture.
- Experience of leading a client support team or similar and able to check server-side issues relating to configuration, access control.
- Expert product knowledge to handle internal and external queries about the technical elements of the platform and steer requirements to the optimal/most feasible solution
- Strong leadership skills to delegate work, provide guidance and feedback, drive best practice and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrable focus on continuous process improvement and learning from experience
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Degree in Computer Science/ software engineering or equivalent discipline
- An understanding of Working Capital products and their lifecycle from Origination through to Post-Implementation Support
- Good understanding of financial products
- Excellent stakeholder management skills demonstrating an ability to build strong rapport with clients and funders; become a trusted advisor
- Proven track record of working with Business Analysts / Product Owners to refine user stories and requirements
- Strong and clear understanding of the work required to be delivered and work through it in a methodically and timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse group from Developers to Executives
- Strong organisational and time management / prioritisation skills
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables, and how one impacts the other
- Flexibility and multi-tasking ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Proactive communicator who can collaborate with external clients and internal stakeholder
Personal / Culture fit
- Lead by example / Hands on
- Self-starter / Pro-active