Product Manager, Trade Receivables Finance
Location - London, United Kingdom
Demica is the leading independent provider of Working Capital solutions to banks and corporates, including all products in the Receivables Finance and Supply Chain Finance families. Acquired by a group of private equity investors in 2014, Demica has transformed from a technology provider to an alternative finance platform. Using its proprietary platform to allow clients to automate transactions while reducing risk for investors, it currently enables the financing of over $100 billion assets per year, with outstanding of above $11.6 billion, half of it in Receivables Finance solutions. Based in London, Demica works with banks and corporates all over the world across industries and sectors.
We are looking for a Trade Receivables Finance Product Manager with 10+ years of relevant experience in Receivables Finance to own and drive forward the Receivables Finance products. Based in our London office, they will be singularly focused on improving our Demica Trade Receivables Finance solutions and platform features to create competitive advantage for us and our clients.
- Work with the Head of Structuring and bank clients that whitelabel our platform to:
- build the business case for creation of new Receivable Finance products.
- setup and maintain the product roadmap to include product features, go-to-market strategy, product profitability.
- monitor our performance on delivering the agreed product road map.
- For each product feature, work with our technology business analysts and implementation team to write detail requirements.
- For Demica Platform bank white label clients:
- Attend sales meetings to explain the platform features and functionality to our clients’ working capital finance team.
- responsibility to optimize programme profitability and confirm that our service delivery is in line with client needs. This will involve close co-ordination with the operations, technology and service desk teams and contact with clients when needed.
- Work closely with the technology and project management teams to (i) prioritise the product backlog; (ii) ensure that product release cycles align with deliverables need for the execution of new transactions and (iii) accept product features from the technology team.
- Support origination and structuring teams in preparation of customer facing materials. The candidate will have exposure to clients (meetings, calls, etc) on a specialist level.
- Owner of the TRF Demo versions (including White Labelled), certain models and template documents and presentation materials.
- Write and maintain internal training documentation for TRF products to educate Origination, Structuring and Implementation teams on product features, and release plans
- 10+ years relevant receivable finance product experience within a bank, commercial finance or fintech trade finance team.
- Product Management experience notably having scoped and defined new trade finance products; product extensions and engagement with technology for implementation of such features on time and on budget.
- Strong understanding of current market trends and competitors’ platforms.
- Good knowledge of trade receivable finance products.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally both externally and internally. Can translate thoughts, ideas and plans into written material and effectively communicate the vision and get buy in from a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to understand front-to-back product and process and how to balance the demands of the client/project with internal constraints.
- Strong project management skills. Able to work across functions (origination, product, marketing, technology and operations) to deliver customer outcomes.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Able to build and maintain high quality client facing PowerPoint presentations.
- Hard working, driven and ambitious. Believes in the company and works well as a member of an international, diverse team.
- People skills to facilitate effective planning sessions with a diverse range of personalities and drivers and retain support and buy in from all stakeholders.
- Capability to work independently taking own reasonable decisions but seeking counsel or escalation when required.
- Strong interest in new technologies.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with other working capital solutions notably Supply Chain Finance, Distribution Finance.
- International experience having been involved in the prospecting and winning of significant cross border working capital or corporate finance transactions.
- Corporate finance or credit training within a corporate/ investment bank.
- Good understanding of agile development methodology.
- Good understanding of data processing, treasury/ERP and receivables management systems.
- Strong educational background within professional financial services or corporate environment.
- Being fluent in at least one (preferably two) languages out of French, German, Italian and Spanish would be an advantage.
- Pragmatic, accurate and analytical.
- Critical thinker.
- Collaborative, engaging and communicative.