Lead Developer - Supply Chain Finance
Location: London, United Kingdom
Your role will involve leading a high performing development team distributed both in-house and offshore. The team is responsible for the full stack of the platform; from Angular in the presentation layer, through to spring boot applications in the framework, and lastly data logic in the database (Sybase).
The Team Lead will primarily work closely with the VP of Engineering and the CTO, to define solutions while serving change requests triggered from Demica’s clients. The successful applicant will also lead development projects predominantly specialising in Java, MQ, REST APIs and SQL based technologies.
You will work directly with Project Managers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Developers. Being able to write or understand a variety of code such as Java /MQ/Angular and SQL is essential to the role and knowledge of continuous deployment is also necessary.
You and your team will specialise in developing our Supply Chain Finance (SCF) platform. Whilst giving a wide range of challenges across different projects, you will also have an opportunity to influence the future direction of our SCF system at Demica.
- Managing the delivery of complex SCF projects from design through to final project
- Understanding technical design, implementation and deployment of development projects
- Leading your project in writing MQ/SQL and Java code with the ability to remove bugs and defects
- Conducting in depth code reviews, giving effective feedback to your team
- Integration of internal system development projects
- Translate User Stories into working software and have expertise on microservice architectural design
- Provide in depth progress updates to the senior management and technology team, including any delivery risks or issues
- Investigate new technologies and continually update technical knowledge and skills
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Demonstrable experience as a full stack Developer with leadership capabilities
- Explicit experience in Java, MQ, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and Angular technologies with knowledge of relational database concept and SQL beyond simple queries
- Competent in working under continuous deployment projects in a structured environment
- Able to define delivery phases of the project including sub-activities and milestones, documented for progress upgrade reports to senior project
- Experience in microservice architecture and software design
- Able to lead a team well, giving instruction where necessary
- Mentor and coach junior developers
- Work independently and proactively (looking for details and answers, not just waiting patiently for a reply)
- Comfortable raising challenges and proposing software improvements
- Critical thinker